May 2020 -Updated Credit and Refund Policy
Credit and Refund Policy for Spring 2020 Season and Fall/Spring 2020/2021 Seasons
Mavericks Soccer Club recognize that the coronavirus pandemic, and the resulting lockdown, has placed significant financial strain on many families. It has placed a similar strain on our club as well as we continue to pay and support our coaches and staff. In an effort to address this, while at the same time remaining financially viable, the club has decided to offer our families the following:
1. We will require a lower initial deposit to secure a player’s spot on his/her team and offer a wider range of payment plan options (in addition to scholarships to qualifying families) for the 2020/2021 season.
2. Given cancellation of the Spring 2020 season, we will provide a credit against our 2020/2021 registration fees to families of players who return to the club for the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 seasons. We will determine the credit amount after we receive refunds of field permit and governing soccer body fees for the cancelled Spring 2020 season, as well as any grant from the federal government’s payroll protection program.
3. We will provide a partial or full refund of 2020/2021 registration fees already paid, as follows:
- A full refund of fees already paid if the Fall 2020 season is cancelled by US Soccer, NorCal, or federal, state or local order, before July 15, 2020.
- A partial refund of fees already paid if the Fall 2020 season is cancelled by US Soccer, NorCal, or federal, state or local order, on or after July 15, 2020 (“partial” because we will have incurred expenses for any training, games or other activities occurring before the cancellation).
- A partial or full refund of fees already paid, depending on the timing of the request, if a player has a bona fide medical reason (with supporting documentation) that he/she cannot engage in on-field activities.
- A partial or full refund of fees already paid, depending on the circumstances and supporting documentation, if a family faces financial distress and no longer can afford our fees.
4. The amount of any credits and partial refunds will be determined by the Board of Directors, which will consider not just the requests made, but also the financial viability of the Club, in making its decisions. Only those families whose players remain with our Club through the Spring 2021 season will qualify for a credit or refund.